I'm back on vacation mode because I'm effing sick. I'd love to just lie in bed but my body just won't let me. Recently, it developed a rule that if I exceed 6 hours, it'll hurt like eff to kick me out of bed. I've never slept for more than 6 hours since. I became an instant early riser.
I plan to watch a movie and actually see a doctor by the afternoon. I'd gladly see them earlier, pero alam kong late naman sila darating so afternoon. But what I love about being sick is that it helps you sleep deeply. I'm half conscious most of the time during sleep. Last night, I wasn't so. Sana tonight din.
Was watching Bo Sanchez's Full tank las night and he talked about "not comparing". I feel so out of joy lately and they say that gratitude can bring you joy so let's give it a try. Let's count our blessings!
1. I'm seeing the sun by the window. My baby plants are probably happy.
2. Every morning whenever I leave the house way before dawn for work and then by the evening when I get back, Dad, with his old and ailing body, always send and pick me up to the bus stop to keep me safe.
3. A dog from the neighborhood we named "Pogi" accompanies Dad whenever he sends or picks me up. So sweet our Pogi.
4. I have a job that allows me to have a breakfast break for 2 hours in the morning, 1 hour at lunch and watch movies or korean novelas anytime I want.
5. Sis-in-laws cooking tastes great
6. We have a sari-sari store named after me where I can get all the chicha I want (so long as Mom won't find out).
7. We have a loading station too! And I often get free load.
8. I can speak Japanese. It can be pretty pointless when nobody else does, but at least, it's still pretty cool. Plus, it gave me a job.
9. I have a fully functioning body that allows me to do the things I want to do and go to places I want to go.
10. I have a family, few wonderful friends, plants and pets that I love so much.
11. I may not be rich, but I have money to spend.
12. And food to eat
13. People to love and talk to.
14. A bed that Mom gave me as a birthday gift years ago. Uratex foam with air holes. It didn't relieve me of back pain just like we hoped, but I still love this bed.
15. I have a crazy, goofy and maldita-but-sweet niece that I love so much.
Sitting here in my bed, I realized I've got countless of things to be thankful for. Sabi sa nabasa ko sa Facebook, kung tutuusin, lahat naman tayo, blessed. Masyado lang tayong madrama.
Tomorrow, maybe I'm gonna get back to work. Hopefully by then, my nose is no longer dripping and I'm no longer barking (coughing).
* * * * * * * * *
Written by cinderellaareus at 09:04 AM.